ETHICAL TRADING POLICY
ShieldWear Limited is dedicated to trading relations which are ethically feasible.
We will only operate with manufacturers, suppliers, and contractors who comply with our ethical trading policy.
We will appraise these suppliers against the following standards.
This policy sets out the minimum labour standards that we expect our suppliers to comply with:
- Products manufactured and sourced by the Company are produced under working conditions that are hygienic and safe.
- All workers involved in the delivery of services provided by the Company are treated with full consideration to their basic human rights. The Company acts in an ethical manner above and beyond basic legal requirements.
We are therefore able to guarantee that we trade according to the following Ethical Trading criteria:
- All employment is freely chosen
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Child labour is not used
- Wages are fair and comparable to industry standard and will always exceed the minimum wage
- Deductions from wages as a disciplinary measure shall not be permitted
- Working hours are not excessive
- No discrimination is practised
- Regular employment is provided for those who are employed on a permanent contract
- No harsh, cruel or degrading treatment or practices are allowed
- No bribery, corruption, blackmailing, or bullying is permitted
- Third Party Suppliers and buyers are both free to sell and buy from any number of other businesses
This statement is made in relation to the UK Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) and constitutes ShieldWear’s ethical trading policy to date.
Chief Executive Officer
30th October 2020